This recipe is outrageously good. I literally have to make a double batch because it's impossible not to go for seconds!
This flavor combination is absolutely delicious.
Distinctive taste with a spicy-sweet tang!!!!
Chicken - 2 + lbs of thighs or breasts or combo of both- I love using the boneless the thighs for this recipe!
2 TBSP. ground allspice
1 TBSP onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 TBSP Ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt and ground pepper
Mix well in a small bowl and set aside.
1/3 cup fresh onion, diced
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 cup coconut aminos or light soy sauce
1 tbsp allspice
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 garlic clove minced or shaved, or 1 tsp jarred
1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar or apple cider
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 tbsp thyme
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 tsp red pepper or cayenne - optional
Whisk vigorously in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
This refreshing vegan ceviche is an absolutely perfect summer side, appetizer or topping for your chicken. I call this dish my ‘sunny summer’ because of the beautiful golden glow of all the ingredients. You will surely need to double this recipe if having guests over—as this dish is a favorite and goes quick!
• 2 tablespoon avocado oil
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 large lime, juiced
• 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
• 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• dash of black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
• ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
• ¼ cup red onion, sliced thin
• 1 cup yellow & orange cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 -14 oz can heart of palm, sliced into thin rounds
• 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
• 1-2 fresh mango, diced
• 1/2 cup shredded carrots, chopped
• ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
• 1 large navel orange, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
• In a medium bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients
• Add the ceviche ingredients, and gently toss.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 -2 hours before serving.
As an appetizer, this dish pairs nicely with tortilla chips, crackers or plantain chips